천연기념물 제217호「산양」바로알기 - 전국 외국어 스피치 대회 입장자원고

페이지 정보

작성자 최고관리자 쪽지보내기 메일보내기 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 작성일14-11-02 11:34 조회2,165회 댓글0건

본문

문화재청장상(전체대상) 원고

Goral, A Miraculous Life

KANG, EUI-JOON

Gangneung Middle School

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! My name is Eui-Joon Kang, and I'm a first year student at Gangneung Middle School. I am very glad that I learned a lot about gorals as I prepared for this speech, and also that today I have this opportunity to share these stories with you.

I'm embarrassed to admit that, when I first heard about gorals, I immediately thought of the sheep in folk tales like 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf' or 'Heidi, Girl from the Alephs'. So I was perplexed when I learned that the goral is Korea's Natural Monument number 217, because the sheep in these folk tales usually live in big herds all across the world. But when I researched about gorals, I found out that, unlike sheep, they belong to the family of cows. Also there are only 6 kinds of gorals on Earth, and from that, only 1 kind of gorals lives in small parts of our country, for example in Sul-Ak Mountain, Yangu, ets. in Gangwondo.

Apparently there used to be gorals all over our country originally. However, the number of gorals rapidly decreased in the 1950s to 60s, and by the 1980s they only came to live in some mountain areas of Gangwondo. One of the reasons why gorals need to be protected by the country as a Natural Monument is probably because of natural disasters like snowstorms that endanger their habitations. But actually, the biggest reason is dangerous human activities such as war and reckless hunting.

Gorals are not like sheep who provide people fur and meat. They are also not domestic pets like cats and dogs who make people happy. They merely live in their habitations, eating leaves and fruits like they have always done. Somebody might ask why we have to be concerned about gorals and protect them, even though they don't give either meat or happiness to us. I don't think that only animals like sheep or cows, horses, cats, dogs, etc. who are helpful to people should live on Earth with us humans. Of course, there are some animals like rats, cockroach and mosquitos that I really don't want to live with! But, the problem of who lives on Earth and who doesn't is not a matter that us people can decide on our own. Why? Because Earth is not just our people's property.

I believe that 'protection' and 'breeding' are different. People raise sheep and cows and pigs to get meat and fur, but that is not 'protection'. Protecting gorals who lost a lot of their homes, families and friends because of human activities doesn't mean putting them in cages and zoos to save and observe them. It means to help them live wherever and however they want to live and not lose their identities as gorals. I strongly believe that the first step for that help is to acknowledge the existence of these gorals, and try to make an environment where they can live with us.

We, human beings, have been blasting out rockets to search for extra-terrestrial lives, but there hasn't been any news of aliens from outer space yet. A life being born and living in one planet is that wondrous an affair. Although we can't acknowledge every life on Earth because there are so many different ones on this planet, in the perspective of the universe, every single life is a miracle of its own. I hope that, as another miraculous life that was born on planet Earth, gorals will live with us for a long long time to enrich our country, and moreover this planet.

Thank you for listening!

Goral, A Miraculous Life

강릉중학교 1학년 7반 강의준

안녕하세요, 여러분? 나는 강릉중학교 1학년에 재학 중인 강의준입니다.

오늘 이 대회를 준비하는 동안 산양에 대해 많이 알게 되고, 또 여기서 여러분들을 만나 함께 이야기할 수 있게 되어 기쁘게 생각합니다.

부끄럽지만, 나는 ‘산양(goral)’이란 말을 처음 들었을 때, <양치는 소년과 늑대>나 <알프스 소녀 하이디>에 나오는 양을 떠올렸습니다. 그래서 산양이 천연기념물 제 217란 말을 들었을 때 당황스러웠습니다. 왜냐하면 그런 이야기들에 나오는 양은 엄청난 무리가 떼를 지어 다니는 동물이고 세계 곳곳에 살고 있기 때문입니다. 그런데 산양에 대해 조사를 해보니, 산양은 양과는 달리 소과(family Bovidae)에 속하는 동물이었습니다. 그리고 지구상에 오직 6개종이 존재할 뿐이며, 그 중에서 1개종이 우리나라 설악산과 양구 등 강원도 일부 지역에서 소수 살고 있습니다.

산양은 원래 우리나라 전국에서 살고 있었다고 합니다. 그런데 1950~60년대부터 그 수가 급격히 줄기 시작하여 1980년대 무렵부터는 강원도 일부 산악 지역에서만 살게 되었습니다. 산양이 천연기념물로 지정되어 보호가 필요한 동물이 된 것은 폭설 등과 같이 서식지를 위협하는 자연재해 탓도 어느 정도는 있을 것입니다. 하지만 그보다는 전쟁과 무분별한 사냥 같은 인간이 저지른 잘못 탓이 더 큽니다.

산양은 양처럼 사람들을 위해 털과 고기를 제공하는 동물이 아닙니다. 또 개나 고양이처럼 사람을 즐겁게 하는 반려동물도 아닙니다. 그저 자기 서식지에서, 오랜 습관대로 나뭇잎과 나무열매 등을 먹으며 살아가고 있습니다. 그러면 누군가, 산양은 인간에게 고기를 제공하지도 기쁨을 주지도 않는데 우리가 왜 산양에 관심을 갖고 보호해야 하냐고 물어볼지 모르겠습니다. 나는 양이나 소, 말, 개, 고양이 등과 같이 인간에게 도움이 되는 동물만 지구에서 인간과 같이 살아야 한다고 생각하지 않습니다. 물론 쥐나 바퀴벌레, 모기처럼 도저히 같이 살고 싶지 않은 것들도 있긴 합니다! 하지만 지구에 누가 살 것인가 하는 문제는 인간 마음대로 판단하고 결정할 문제가 아닙니다. 지구는 인간만의 것이 아니기 때문입니다.

‘보호’는 ‘사육’과는 다르다고 생각합니다. 고기를 먹고 털을 얻기 위해 사람들은 양을 치고 소와 돼지를 키우지만, 그것은 ‘보호’는 아닙니다. 산양을 보호하는 일은 그들을 우리나 동물원 같은 곳에 넣어두고 지키고 관찰하자는 것이 아닙니다. 그들이 원래의 모습을 잃지 않고, 자기들이 살고 싶은 곳에서 살고 싶은 방식으로 살아갈 수 있도록 인간이 할 수 있는 도움을 주자는 것입니다. 그런 도움의 첫 걸음은 우선 멸종의 위기를 맞고 있는 산양의 존재를 알고, 산양도 우리와 함께 살 수 있는 환경을 만들기 위해 애쓰는 것이라고 생각합니다.

지구 외에 어떤 다른 별에 생명체가 존재하는지 오래 전부터 우주탐사선을 쏘아 조사해오고 있지만, 아직 외계 생명체의 존재가 알려지지 않고 있습니다. 하나의 별에서 생명체가 태어나 산다는 것은 그만큼 신기한 일인 것입니다. 지구에는 정말 다양한 생명체가 살고 있어서 우리가 잘 의식하지 못하지만, 넓은 우주의 관점에서 보면 하나하나의 모든 생명체가 그 자체로 기적일 것입니다. 하나의 생명체로 지구에 태어난 산양이 오래도록 우리와 함께 살면서 우리나라를, 나아가 이 지구를 풍요롭게 하기를 바랍니다.

제 발표를  들어주셔서 감사합니다!

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

(사)한국산양보호협회
강원도 양구군 동면 펀치볼로 266-60 개인정보보호책임자 : 안재용
사단법인번호 : 제2009-3호 대표 : 홍영동 TEL : 033-480-2665 FAX : 033-481-7896
Copyright © (사)한국산양보호협회 All rights reserved. ▲ 상단으로

Warning: Unknown: write failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/hosting_users/ii_goral/www/data/session) in Unknown on line 0